Some folks think that the onslaught of blogs and social media sites makes it more difficult to get your voice heard. While it's true that the noise is much louder, the opportunity to get your voice or your company's voice heard in social media is still not only possible, it's great if you have content that people are looking for.
We've just surpassed 100,000 o olygfeydd ym mis Tachwedd on Martech, an all-time record and moving us into an elite category of marketing blogs that get over 1 million visitors per year. (Note: the chart below isn't tracking all-time… only from when we started using WordPress Stats)
So how did we do it? I've been telling people my entire career (even before online) that a key to great marketing is to use multiple mediums to promote your product or service. You can't pump all your money into one medium… you're not only limiting the audience, but you're also severely limiting the means in which your voice is heard. For 5 years, Martech was a text-based blog. I didn't have the resources or time to use other mediums, so I just worked to optimize that medium.
This year; however, has been very different. Here are all the different initiatives we've worked on:
- Over the last year we've recorded a sioe radio wythnosol (off today because of the US holiday). We've had week after week of talking to the greatest marketing minds in the industry and the show has grown – with thousands of listeners each month.
- Fe wnaethom ymgorffori marchnata e-bost program that continued to drive visitors back to the blog. This is currently getting reworked as we migrate to our newest sponsor, Delivra, but it's been an incredibly great tactic. If your blog doesn't have an email program, start it today! We're working on some tools for WordPress users in that area… keep checking up on us!
- Gweithiodd ein datblygwr, Stephen, ar sawl ategyn - gan gynnwys y Widget bar ochr Youtube, gan gasglu llawer o sylw gan y gymuned WordPress.
- Ynghyd ag archebu ein sioe radio, Jenn wedi bod yn ddi-baid wrth ymgysylltu â'n rhwydweithiau ar Twitter, Facebook a LinkedIn ac mae traffig o cymdeithasol wedi ffrwydro, yn aml yn rhagori ar ein traffig chwilio each month! We're now using Clustogi i helpu i reoleiddio a chynnal y sgyrsiau hynny ar-lein.
- Mae safleoedd nodi llyfrau a darganfod cymdeithasol fel StumbleUpon wedi anfon tunnell o draffig atom, felly mae ymgorffori botymau rhannu cymdeithasol ar bob post i'w gwneud hi'n haws i bobl rannu ein cynnwys â'u rhwydweithiau wedi bod yn dacteg wych i yrru traffig newydd atom.
- Rydym hefyd yn hyrwyddo'r wefan yn weithredol gyda cyllidebau hysbysebu bach on Facebook and LinkedIn to very specific audiences. I'm not sure there's much of a return on investment there, but it's a good branding engagement to keep Martech top of mind with our target audience of CMOs and directors of Marketing.
- We've incorporated polls actively to engage our readers. Zoomerang has been an incredible sponsor and really helped us capture visitor interest and opinion, providing us with additional content ideas every week. A basic Zoomerang account is free, so I'd encourage anyone to use it! One word of caution is that you may not receive an overwhelming response from your poll. While people love to read blogs, they don't always participate.
- We've developed Infograffeg Marchnata ar gyfer y ddau Delivera (Arferion Gorau E-bost Gwyliau) a Zoomerang (Defnyddwyr a SMB Canlyniadau Arolwg Cyfryngau Cymdeithasol) a'u rhyddhau drwodd Martech Zone fel rhan o'n pecynnau noddi gyda'r cwmnïau. Mae ffeithluniau yn wych ar gyfer cyrraedd cynulleidfaoedd os ydych chi'n gwybod sut i wneud hynny trosoledd nhw!
- Fe wnaethon ni symud y blog i'r radd flaenaf Cwmni cynnal WordPress, WPEngine wedi'i gyfuno ag a Rhwydwaith Darparu Cynnwys wedi'i bweru gan StackPath CDN, CDN llawer cyflymach nag Amazon.
- Yr effaith olaf a mwyaf: cynnwys gwreiddiol, gwerthfawr! Tra bod gweddill y blogiau marchnata a thechnoleg eisiau ymladd dros y stori fwyaf newydd - neu'n waeth - regurgitate fe, rydyn ni'n gweithio'n gyson i sicrhau eich bod chi'n derbyn gwybodaeth werthfawr, gadarnhaol a gweithredadwy yn y diwydiant.
Beth sydd nesaf? Mae ein asiantaeth is kicking off some education curricula with a couple of Universities and major companies. We're going to work those lessons into Webinars and training courses for our readers. This will allow us to go beyond the conversation and really drill down and get you some great results. Be on the lookout for some additional videos, webinars and ebooks coming your way!
Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the United States and I appreciate all of the support that you've given us! Thank you!